Saturday, August 15, 2009

Flexaret IVa - test with brutal results


this roll was photographic disaster. I was trying my newly acquired flexaret with 35mm film with an adapter and hence there is a bit complicated frame counter where you have to manually set tens exactly after the first shot from that decade, it happened to me twice that the camera got stuck and I had to take film out, reload the camera, progress to the original shot and continue. However, i did it once under the thick blanket and second time in the closet. when developed, it came obvious that the light sneaked in and ruined the roll. it does not bother too much since I always expect nothing serious from test rolls and moreover, all my color rolls were partially fucked up even in the lab, leaving dried out crystals on it showing as white dots when scanning. I could you ICE technology but I don't do it since it leaves traces of processing. Rather, i much prefer manual retouching even if it is very time consumptive. I went through retouching with my other color rolls from Czech (already posted or will be) but not with this one. the only picture I did is the first one since it was not fucked with the light and I somehow like it. Because of the above mentioned problems, I'm including only 6 shots as a preview to what should not happen again :-)


anthropology lab



triple expo, not cropped